JOB TITLE: Executive Director
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
LOCATION: Admin Office, 1175 Howard Street
SUPERVISOR: Board of Directors
SALARY/BENEFITS: DOE, full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental, vision, and life
Summary: Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall stewardship of the St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco. The Executive Director will have the creative vision and ability to ensure the organization’s mission, strategic goals and financial objectives are achieved. The Executive Director has a major role in the cultivation of major donors and the position is also high profile in nature due to major City and State funding. The Finance Director, Development Director, HR Director, and Program Directors all report to the Executive Director.
The Executive Director is the organization’s primary spokesperson and public representative. The Executive Director is expected to develop strong working relationships with staff, board, clients, public agencies, elected officials, community leaders, service partners, donors, and other constituents.
- Create and implement strategic plans that will sustain the mission of SVDP-SF.
- Provide leadership that motivates staff to work as a team towards a common vision.
- Work with appropriate governmental agencies to bring awareness of SVDP-SF and the work we do and maintain good relationships with such funders.
- Interface with government agencies including HSA, HSH, DOSW and MOHCD as well as developing relationships with HESPA, the DV Consortium, and other community organizations.
- Develop strategies to increase philanthropic relations with major donors.
- Meet regularly with program directors and staff to educate and encourage their ongoing commitment.
- Effectively manage the Finance Director, key staff and board members to develop a budget and monitor organizational resources to ensure spending is within budget guidelines.
- Effectively manage Human Resources to maintain an employment climate that attracts, retains and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people while ensuring employment policies and procedures comply with current laws and regulations.
- Effectively manage the Operations Director to ensure the smooth operation of the programs and develop necessary policies and procedures.
- Effectively manages the Development Director to ensure fund raising is on target and to help with securing major gifts.
- Supervise and motivate key staff regularly and evaluate performance against goals on an annual basis.
- Knowledge of plan administrator duties on the 403b Mutual of America plan according to ERISA guidelines and IRS rules. 403b signatory on hardship loans and plan withdrawals necessary in absence of Human Resources Director
- Guide the expansion and development of the Board of Directors.
- Work with the Board of Directors and other key SVdP stakeholders.
- Attend monthly Board Committee meetings and bi-monthly Board of Directors meetings.
- Other duties necessary to carry out the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of leadership and management experience in a nonprofit organization. Previous experience working with government agencies or public institutions.
- Excellent organizational management with the ability to coach, manage and motivate staff; set and achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and be a strong contributor in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects staying within deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, reading and written English skills.
- Persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office software. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send a resume and cover letter describing your interest to Lois Dutton, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org