JOB TITLE: Grants Manager
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
LOCATION: Admin Office (1175 Howard Street)
SUPERVISOR: Development Director
SALARY/BENEFITS: DOE, full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental, vision, and life, 403b retirement plan
Summary: The Grant Manager will manage the grant program to ensure the grant process is streamlined, effective and meets revenue targets. This position plays a leadership role overseeing the grant portfolio, raising significant revenue through grants towards the overall development goal. The manager will identify new funding, perform grant research, grant writing, grant program design and grant reporting.
- Successfully craft compelling and persuasive grant proposals to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco programs and projects while continuously collaborating with the Development Director to develop and enhance funding opportunities.
- Work closely with Program Directors to retrieve, collaborate and synthesize content for grant proposals and ensure all grant reports are submitted on time.
- Research grantors on a regular basis by seeking out new grant opportunities using grant making resource websites, foundation and government websites, news and publications.
- Continually analyze grant portfolio to ensure budget goals are met.
- Provide detailed reports to funders/directors/board on grant financials.
- With seamless communication, work closely with program and finance staff to collaborate and gather information for succinct and strategic proposals.
- Track grant submission and report due dates and grant activities in our Raiser’s Edge database. Ensure that the entire grant writing program is on pace with revenue goals.
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities.
- Direct and oversee the Development Associate with regard to grants administration tasks such as collation, mailing and research, as needed.
- Participate in various Development meetings and assist the Development team in other capacities as needed.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of four years of grant management experience in social or human services, domestic violence or related field.
- Demonstrated experience successfully securing grant funding.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies pertaining to grantors and institutional giving.
- Develop methods and systems to assess the impact of grants and funded programs.
- Understanding of current trends in foundation/government giving as they pertain to St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
- Excellent verbal, reading and written English communication skills.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, ability to craft both technical grant proposals and persuasive writing.
- Strategic thinker who is able to conceptualize, describe and articulate complex projects.
- Methodological and analytical approach to meet the financial and operational needs of the organization.
- Self-starter that can set and achieve work goals and deadlines; excellent organization skills with sense of urgency to drive projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in: Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office Suite, Foundation Directory Online, Internet.
- Excellent researcher (e.g., grant opportunities, statistics, results, etc.) both within
- SVdP-SF and externally, including experience with grant prospect research.
- Ability to be innovative and take initiative to seek out new funding opportunities.
- Ability to juggle multiple ongoing tasks and projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines.
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion. Strong ethical character, capable of handling confidential and financial information.
- Ability to be professional and work effectively with other SVDP-SF staff, volunteers and funders, and excellent relationship management skills.
- Possess knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues.
- Ability to work and perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities.
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit your application here
Send a resume and cover letter describing your interest to Lois Dutton, HR Director at email@example.com
Please note that if you go further in the hiring process you will need to complete the online application at a later date.