Supportive Services Supervisor
JOB TITLE: Supportive Services Supervisor
LOCATION: 525- 5TH Street, San Francisco
PROGRAM: Multi-Service Center South
SALARY/BENEFITS: DOE/Kaiser fully paid, voluntary dental/vision/life
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Program Director
# EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: 4
Summary: The Supportive Service Supervisor will manage the daily operation of the Multi-Service Center South’s Supportive Services, which provides a full range of support services, awareness, education and outreach to homeless men and women. The Supportive Services Supervisor is responsible for support of and adherence to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society (SVDP) and the Multi-Service Center South, and manages/secures approval for policies and 2 staff. This position provides direct supervision to Supportive Services Staff and monitoring supportive services to the guests of the Multi-Service Center South.
- Supervision of supportive service staff including evaluation, staff development and training.
- Monitor supportive service staff performance.
- Monitor client records for quality assurance.
- Provide crisis counseling to clients as needed.
- Meet and comply with all Department of Homelessness and Housing contractual requirements for supportive services.
- Provide monthly statistical reports required by funding sources.
- Prepare and provide Department of Homelessness and Housing quarterly and annual reports both statistical and narrative.
- Attend outside agency meetings as needed.
- Assist in conducting Shelter Grievance Hearings as needed.
- Support team concept by assisting service partners in planning and conducting special client events such as holidays, parties and support groups.
- Monitor on-site provision of supportive services with outside agencies, including but not limited to SFSTART, UCSF, Tom Waddell and Legal Clinic.
- Review and process timecards for payroll and approve/deny holiday, sick and vacation request forms.
- Attend periodic meetings with Assistant Program Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in psychology or related field.
- Two or more years of experience providing mental health services to the homeless population.
- Minimum of two years of experience in social work.
- Three years of experience administering a fiscal contract with a non-profit organization within the required guidelines. Experience working with the Department of Homelessness and Housing is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with accuracy in record keeping.
- Excellent skills in both the verbal and written use of English and Spanish. Good ability to read both English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated use of Vincentian values such as respect, integrity, dignity, collaboration, justice, compassionate service, client advocacy, resourcefulness and excellence.
- Sensitivity to the needs of diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, gender/transgender populations
- Ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with staff, managers and volunteers.
- Ability to maintain professional rapport and boundaries with staff, volunteers and clients. Professional demeanor and behavior is expected.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send a resume and cover letter describing your interest to Lois Dutton, HR Director firstname.lastname@example.org