JOB TITLE: Payroll Accountant
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
LOCATION: Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco
SUPERVISOR: Director of Finance
SALARY/BENEFITS: DOE, full medical (Kaiser), sick and vacation hours, 403b plan
Summary: The payroll administrator will process payroll for 100 employees using ADP Workforce Now. This position requires knowledge of current California and Federal employment laws with respect to employee hours, overtime liability and meal breaks due. This position is responsible for all employee changes and database maintenance. In addition this position also handles Balance Sheet and Investment accounting transactions and journal entries.
- Process bi-weekly payroll with accuracy.
- Distribution of pay over various department codes.
- Processing of new hires, terminations and promotions.
- Collect, compile and input payroll data.
- Ensure accuracy in deduction amounts and coding.
- Payroll and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Cash and investment account reconciliations.
- Monthly journal entries including depreciation, prepaid expense and general cash deposit transactions.
- Maintain Journal Entry, Cash Receipt and Accounts Payable files for the Finance Department.
- Review journal entries of accounting staff and enter corrections when necessary.
- Record and personnel file maintenance.
- Research and resolve discrepancies in pay.
- Distribution of payroll checks and reports.
- Processing of garnishments and withholding orders.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- BA degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
- CPP preferred.
- Three years prior payroll processing experience.
- 3-5 years progressively responsible accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Experience processing payroll with ADP.
- Basic employment law knowledge.
- Excellent mathematical ability.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to resolve problems with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with coworkers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge software.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send a resume and cover letter describing your interest to Lois Dutton, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org