JOB TITLE: Volunteer Coordinator
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
LOCATION: MSC-South Homeless Shelter, 5th and Bryant Street
SUPERVISOR: MSC-South Program Director
SALARY/BENEFITS: DOE, full medical (Kaiser)
Summary: The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for coordinating volunteers and special events on a weekly, monthly or as needed basis. The Volunteer Coordinator will work with the Multi-Service Center South Homeless Shelter (MSC-South) and the Administration office to ensure volunteers are suitable for their assignment and are trained in our policies.
- Perform outreach to recruit new volunteers and fill volunteer needs as required particularly for the MSC-South.
- Act as a liaison between the Volunteers and the Program.
- Perform administrative tasks related to record keeping of volunteers.
- Work with the Program Director to determine the ongoing needs for volunteer assignments.
- Act as a liaison between the Volunteers and the Programs by coordinating their assignments.
- Meet regularly with the MSC-South Program Director to determine the needs for volunteer placements.
- Work with Development Director to engage corporate volunteers in meeting the mission of their organization’s commitment to volunteerism.
- Track and keep records of volunteers who sign up and complete assignments using Shiftboard.
- Maintain records in Shiftboard and perform database management tasks including running reports and system upgrades.
- Perform essential outreach to volunteers as necessary, including SVDP conferences that staff volunteer shifts regularly.
- Work with the Development Director to identify corporations that have employee volunteer groups and actively recruit employees to volunteer with our organization.
- Respond to all volunteer inquiries within twenty-four hours.
- Schedule assignments for volunteers after Program Director has approved the day and time.
- Consult with Human Resources regarding any policy updates regarding sexual harassment or other policies that involve potential interaction between employees and volunteers.
- Work with universities to recruit volunteers.
- Follow up as needed with employers or groups to reflect on the assignment and track units of service.
- Hold regular (weekly or as necessary) volunteer orientation/trainings and maintain documentation of policy signoffs.
- Coordinate volunteers for special events.
- Plan, organize and manage the Volunteer Appreciation event.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in the field of non-profit volunteering (background in managing a volunteer program is a plus).
- Experience using Shiftboard and Outlook is desirable but not required.
- Demonstrated management skills, initiative and problem resolution.
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing using English.
- Ability to recruit, engage, and retain individual participants that are volunteering for MSC-South or Administration.
- Aptitude and engagement in presentations to volunteer groups.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of volunteers while keeping them interested in the volunteer work.
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job.
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team.
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
- Good communication skills in English including reading, writing and speaking.
- Ability to relate professionally with employers and groups.
- Proficient in basic computer applications, such as Word and Excel.
- Good record keeping skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to train others.
- Familiarity with social service resources.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send a resume and cover letter describing your interest to Lois Dutton, HR Director at email@example.com