JOB TITLE: Accountant
SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday-Friday
LOCATION: 1175 Howard Street, San Francisco CA
SUPERVISOR: Director of Finance
SALARY/BENEFITS: DOE, full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision, 403b retirement plan
Summary: The ideal candidate will possess personal initiative and work collaboratively as a member of a diverse, multi-cultural team. The individual must be professional, organized and have strong attention to detail. The position requires flexibility, self-motivation and dependability.
- Monthly reconciliation of all Balance Sheet Accounts
- Monthly donor database /revenue reconciliations
- Monthly journal entries (including, but not limited to) depreciation, prepaid expense and general cash deposits and intra-company cash transfer transactions
- Review journal entries prepared by other staff members, effecting corrections when necessary
- Maintain Journal Entry, Cash Receipt and Accounts Payable files for the Finance Department
- Annual preparation of various audit schedules and work papers
- Special projects, as assigned from time to time
- Minimum of 3-5 years progressively responsible accounting experience, preferably in a not-for-profit organization.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting. Significant relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and The Financial Edge accounting software.
- Ability to complete work within required deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and also contribute and collaborate as a team member.
- Average data entry speed and accuracy.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Send a resume and cover letter describing your interest to Lois Dutton, HR Director at email@example.com