By the Numbers
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco has been a critical part of the community for more than 150 years. The city has undergone significant transformations in that time, but SVDP-SF’s mission has remained the same. We offer hope and service on a direct person-to-person basis.
In 2018 alone, SVDP-SF provided the following support:
- Sheltered 3,161 people at the Multi-Service Center-South Homeless Shelter on Fifth Street and 725 people at the 1515 Navigation Center on South Van Ness.
- Provided comprehensive domestic violence services for over 1,000 women in crisis and their children.
- Helped 196 homeless adults and 100 adult and child survivors of domestic violence find transitional or permanent housing.
- Served 308,790 meals.
- Provided an additional 70 people each day with access to food, showers, and support services which include medical, legal, housing and crisis support case management.
- Worked with 650 volunteers.