The Controller is a member of the Finance Department reporting to the Executive Director. In addition to the finance and accounting functions, the person holding the position is responsible for oversight of the Payroll function, Risk Management and Information Technology. The responsibilities of the position are:
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements to the Board of Directors, Finance Committee and Audit Committee; coordinate required financial reporting materials for all funders and business partners.
- Direct, coordinate and manage the work of the Finance Department to include: accounting functions, preparation of financial statements, tax returns and other required government filings, and business analysis.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the Audit Committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Ensure effective implementation of all relevant parts – Finance, Administration, and IT, within the overall Finance and Administration plan so as to meet agreed targets and ensure performance standards.
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and controls for all financial operations.
- Develop and maintain annual budget and long range financial plan.
- Oversee banking relationships, cash and debt management, investment of operating cash and reserve funds.
- Develop financial models and analyses.
- Administer and oversee all aspects of SVDP’s risk management program including acting as the insurance company liaison for property, casualty and liability insurance.
- Keep a constant review of the systems and organizational processes with a view of making them efficient and effective.
- Ensure the overall legal requirements of SVDP and contractual partnerships and agreements are credible and up to date.
- Coordinate with the Program Directors regarding their budgets and deliverables ensuring compliance with policies and timelines; acting as partner to understand all necessary aspects and needs and ensure they are fully supported by as well as informed of operational objectives, purposes and achievements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management required.
- Five-seven years of progressively responsible financial leadership positions within the academic, non-profit or for-profit sectors including budget management, staff supervision and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, initiative, team management, and interpersonal skills; including the ability to be responsive to donors, staff, advisors and Board members.
- Ability to work sensitively with people from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task while adhering to deadlines.
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified candidates with arrest and/or conviction records.
Please send a cover letter describing your interest and a resume of qualifications to Lois Dutton by email: email@example.com or fax to 415-977-1271