JOB TITLE: Development Associate
SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday-Friday (non-exempt)
LOCATION: 1175 Howard Street, San Francisco
SUPERVISOR: Development Director
SALARY/BENEFITS: DOE, full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision, 403b retirement
Summary: The Development Associate plays an important role in the Development Office by providing administrative support to the Development Office and participating in all fundraising activities. The Associate provides support in gift processing, database management, donor cultivation and stewardship, brand management, and event planning.
Grants and Development
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Development and Grants Manager, including preparing and mailing materials to constituents.
- Research potential grants to pursue and document findings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop content for social media posts as needed
- In coordination with the Development Director, plan, design, and send monthly e-newsletters and other e-announcements to donors.
- Assist in developing content for and coordinate mailing production for seasonal fundraising appeal letters.
- Maintain accuracy of data entries and conduct periodic clean-up in Constant Contact and organize mailing lists.
- Update and manage website content and layout; work with webmaster for modifications to webpages as needed.
- Assist the Development Director with annual event cultivation and stewardship as needed.
- Solicit in-kind gifts for event auction.
- Develop content for event collateral (including signage, invitations, flyers, etc.).
- Assist the Development Director in overseeing various projects with event vendors.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to staff events.
General administrative duties
- Process donations and grant awards received in the mail and provide digital backups to the Finance Department and Donor Database Manager to ensure accurate record of gifts in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Calendaring and scheduling meetings for team and committees.
- Assist in processing invoices for development activities and reconciling monthly payments.
- Maintain the Development Department’s office supply inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team.
- Self-motivated and able to exercise creativity.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to keep up with updates in software and social media platforms.
- Familiarity and experience with social media, updating web platforms and digital communication tools.
- Highly organized and skilled in record keeping.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and discretion about confidential matters.
- Professional standards including follow-through, responsiveness, and ability to receive constructive feedback.
- Minimum of a BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in development and/or communications.
- Experience with the design, layout and production of newsletters, brochures, websites, and other organizational publications.
- Proficient in knowledge of Raisers Edge, Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, and the Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium on a PC platform.
- Commitment to the mission and values of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco, MSC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Send a resume and cover letter describing your interest to Lois Dutton, HR Director at email@example.com