St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Join the St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco and be part of the solution to break the cycles of homelessness and domestic violence in San Francisco. We are seeking an experienced development professional with the skills and experience to:
· Create and implement strategic fund development,
· Oversee special events and integrate them into a broader development strategy,
· Effectively use data and technology to improve fund operations,
· Oversee marketing and communications,
· Expand and effectively manage foundation and donor relations,
· Oversee fund and budget management,
· Effectively manage a team of development staff.
The Development Director reports to the Executive Director, is a key member of the leadership team, attends occasional Board meetings and participates in key agency decisions.
The position is responsible for the development and successful execution of an annual plan to raise $1.5 million in operating and contract funding and is expected to grow this amount significantly over the next three years.
· Execute an annual fund development strategy that grows and maximizes contributed revenue from all sources and incorporates external communications into all aspects of the fundraising plan.
· Work with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, and the Development team to cultivate, solicit and steward major individual donors and secure new major gifts. Work with Program Directors to ensure that all fundraising activities and communications align with program activities.
· Annual Fund Campaign: Oversee the annual fund appeal program, including direct mail, e-appeals, and social media solicitations. Work with the Development Associate to develop and execute strategies for increasing annual fund revenue.
· Special Events: Oversee the work of event committees and development staff for the annual major event and work with them to secure event sponsorships and integrate follow-up donor cultivation strategies into all aspects of events.
· Manager consultants related to Special Events.
· Planned Giving Program: develop and implement a formal planned giving program.
· Institutional (Foundation and Corporate) Giving: Work with the Development Manager to further build relationships with institutional donors, manage the grants calendar, and ensure timely reporting. Utilize research to expand the pool of potential institutional giving
· Volunteers: Support the volunteer program and ensure that it is serving as an effective tool for relationship building, community engagement and donor prospect cultivation.
· Lead the development team: Directly manage and supervise the Development Associate, Donor Database Manager and Development Manager.
· Budget: Work closely with the Executive Director, and Controller to set budget goals, ensure respective budget performance and contributed revenue projections.
· Oversee the administration of the donor database and all other fundraising tools, including the website.
· Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a diplomatic and creative leader that is committed to the organization’s mission, is rooted in the San Francisco community, has an outstanding record in fund development, and demonstrated experience working with non-profit Boards of Directors, donors, and community leaders. This candidate will also have the skills necessary to craft and execute a sound fundraising strategy and ensure excellence in all external communications and internal systems. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to exercise impeccable judgment are required. Specific qualifications include:
· BA/BS or equivalent experience.
· 5-7 years of successful fundraising experience in a senior management role, preferably in a multi-faceted development program.
· Experience in annual giving strategy, corporate and foundation giving, major gift strategy and events.
· Ability to communicate, work effectively and build trust with a range of stakeholders.
· Ability to think strategically, problem solve, innovate, exercise initiative, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks/projects and sensitive information.
· Experience with Salesforce as a tool to improve fund operations.
· Experience incorporating current marketing strategies (including social media) in fundraising techniques/plans.
· Ability to lead, motivate and inspire staff.
· Unrelenting passion and commitment to helping those in need in San Francisco.
· Excellent presentation skills including interpersonal skills, oral and written communication, formal presentation skills and ability to work with diverse populations.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
We comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and we will hire qualified candidates with arrest and/or conviction records.
Please apply by going to the link below and upload your resume and cover letter at this link.