JOB TITLE: Development Manager
SCHEDULE: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., M-F
LOCATION: San Francisco Administrative Office
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Full-time
SUPERVISOR: Development Director
BENEFITS: Kaiser, voluntary dental, vision and life, 403b retirement
SUMMARY: The Development Manager will work closely with the Development Director to manage and grow St. Vincent de Paul Society’s development strategy. This position raises significant revenue through grants towards the overall development goal. The Development Manager will identify new funding opportunities, research, write grants and prepare reporting materials. In addition, the Development Manager will cultivate corporate donors.
50% Grant Writing
• Successfully craft compelling and persuasive grant proposals to meet or exceed revenue goals.
• As part of the Development Department, maintain up-to-date knowledge of all programs and projects and collaborate with the Development Director to develop and enhance funding opportunities.
• Work closely with Program Directors to retrieve and synthesize content for grant proposals and prepare grant reports by deadlines and ensure that the grant writing program is on pace with revenue goals.
• Research grantors on a regular basis; seek out new grant opportunities using grant making resource websites, foundation and government websites, news and publications.
• Track grant submission and report due dates and grant activities in our Raiser’s Edge database.
25% Corporate Donor Relations
• Assume responsibility for the cultivation and stewardship of various donor relationships, as delegated by the Director of Development.
• Ensure the highest quality of donor stewardship and guest experience for all Development-related guests at SVDP-SF’s programming, including volunteers.
• Liaise with Volunteer Program Coordinator to cultivate and convert volunteers into donors.
25% Other Duties
• Collaborate with the Development Team for Annual Gala and support development outreach efforts towards the Gala fundraising goal.
• Work with the Database Manager to ensure timely and accurate data management through both the auction software and fundraising database.
• Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
• Assist the Development team in other capacities as needed.
• Support Communication efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Bachelor’s Degree in non-profit management, business, communications or related area. 4 years of equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of four years of nonprofit development experience.
• Demonstrated experience of past success in securing grant funding and donor relations.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies pertaining to grantors and institutional giving.
• Excellent oral English communication skills.
• Exceptional English writing and editing skills, ability to craft both technical grant
proposals and persuasive writing.
• Strategic thinker who is able to conceptualize, describe and articulate complex projects.
• Self-starter that can set and achieve work goals and deadlines; excellent organization skills with sense of urgency to drive projects to completion
• Proficiency in: Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to be innovative and take initiative to seek out new funding opportunities.
• Ability to juggle multiple ongoing tasks and projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines.
• Exercise sound judgment and discretion. Strong ethical character, capable of handling confidential and financial information.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Flexibility and ability to work effectively with other SVdP-SF staff, volunteers and funders, and excellent relationship management skills.
• Commitment to the mission of the St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Interested applicants please send a cover letter describing your interest with a resume for consideration to:
Lois Dutton, HR Director by email: email@example.com or fax: 415-977-1271