St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
JOB TITLE: Drop-In Supervisor
LOCATION: 525- 5TH Street, SF
PROGRAM: Multi-Service Center South
CLASSIFICATION: Full- Time, 40 hours per week, SUPERVISOR: Site Manager
Exempt position (non-union)
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Drop-In Supervisor manages the Drop-In operation of Multi-Service Center South, which provides a full range of support services to homeless men and women. The Drop-In Supervisor is responsible to supervise approximately six staff and the oversight of activities to ensure the safety of residents and staff in the drop-in center. The Drop-in Supervisor also researches and obtains educational resources for client groups and prepares forms and binders for Drop In use.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervision of staff, including coaching, disciplining, evaluating, staff development and training. Lead, assist and motivate staff as necessary.
• Ensure quality provision of all direct services. Maintain focus on client needs, client satisfaction and results driven approach.
• Oversee the implementation of all Multi-Service Center South’s policies and procedures.
• Document and communicate on a daily basis all facets of the drop-in center operation to the Operations Manager and Program Director, including the implementation of the Standards of Care legislation and Shelter Grievance Policy.
• Develop and maintain weekly work schedules, post assignments and responsibilities for drop-in center swing staff.
• Review and correct all assigned employee timesheets on a weekly basis using ADP. Approve timesheets bi-weekly and submit summary to Office Manager.
• Review and process holiday and vacation request forms and submit report to Operations Manager and Program Director for final approval.
• Attend weekly meetings with Operations Manager and Program Director.
• Attend all meetings and trainings as assigned.
• Create Drop-In forms and distribute other required forms to all shifts. Maintain binders for use at desk.
• Maintain property and supply rooms by keeping organized and clean at all times.
• Research and obtain educational resources for client groups.
• Comply with all Human Services Contractual requirements and maintain accurate records for quality assurance and reporting.
• Recruit, coordinate and train Drop-In guests to be part of the volunteer program.
• Be accessible for emergencies, provide back-up and work weekend shifts as needed. Requires some daytime and weekend work/meetings.
• Oversee maintenance and cleaning of drop-in center.
• Monitor the injury and illness prevention program and OSHA requirements
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Four-year degree in related field preferred. Equivalent work experience accepted in lieu of degree.
• Three years of experience in shelter or similar contract administration with a non-profit organization.
• Bilingual: English required and Spanish preferred. Excellent ability to speak, read and write in English.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records are required.
• Average ability using Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook. Experience with ETO is a plus.
• Experience in working with homeless individuals and/or disadvantaged people. Experience in working with people who are mentally ill or substance abuse preferred.
• Demonstrated use of Vincentian values such as respect, integrity, dignity, collaboration, justice, compassionate service, client advocacy and resourcefulness.
• Sensitivity to the needs of diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, gender/transgender populations.
• Ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
• Ability to maintain professional rapport and boundaries with staff, volunteers and clients.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco, MSC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider applicants for employment, with arrest and/or conviction history.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Lois Dutton, HR Director at email@example.com or fax to 415-977-1271