St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
RILEY CENTER | Services for Survivors of Domestic Violence
JOB TITLE: Employment Specialist
SCHEDULE: Mostly weekdays with occasional evenings and weekends
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Non-exempt, Union
LOCATION: Confidential Residential Site
SUPERVISOR: Residential Program Manager
SALARY/BENEFITS: $20.00 per hour, Kaiser paid, dental, vision and 403b retirement plan
The Employment Specialist will provide employment counseling and job coaching to clients. The Employment Specialist prepares individuals for employment opportunities and delivers work readiness training.
• Connect clients with needed supportive services that will ensure their continuing participation in employment activities.
• Develop and implement employment readiness workshops, discussions and forums for clients on an ongoing basis. Workshops to include resume building, cover letter writing, job coaching, interviewing, and other necessary skill building training.
• Serve as liaison and service coordination with outside community agencies.
• Facilitate and implement client field trips to job fairs, networking events, workshops and other activities conducive to client employment, growth and development.
• Regularly conduct outreach and make formal presentations about SVDP Riley Center programs to employers and other community based organizations.
• Regularly provide detailed reports on progress and updates on key efforts and activities to the Management team.
• Maintain and compile client records in the Efforts to Outcomes Database.
• Key role in assisting and developing reports for funders and other stakeholders.
• Participate in regular staff meetings: Community Time, In-Services and Case Management.
• Continued research to retain familiarity with employers and the labor market in San Francisco.
• Locate new job opportunities for participants by making phone calls, site visits and conducting research for clients.
• Participate in on-going cross training to perform duties in other departments of the agency as needed.
• Participate in appropriate on-going staff development training.
• Work with the Housing Specialist regarding client progress in obtaining employment.
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
• AA degree and one year experience in Employment Coaching or similar work.
• Experience working with survivors of domestic violence in direct services is preferred.
• Demonstrated skills in counseling, case management and employment services.
• Familiarity with Harm Reduction philosophy and approach.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of domestic violence issues, especially in the context of race, class, gender and sexual identity.
• Knowledge, experience and comfort working with a diverse community including LGBTQQ, youth, immigrant, low income communities and communities of color.
• Working knowledge of community resources.
• Demonstrated commitment to open, direct, and non-violent communication.
• Ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
• Basic reporting skills including data entry, Excel and Word processing.
• Strong initiative and ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a small office.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients, volunteers and staff.
• Experience providing services to low-income families, youth and at-risk populations.
• Case management or vocational counseling experience.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco’s Riley Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction.
Send resumes and cover letters to: Lois Dutton, 1175 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Email: email@example.com Fax: 415-977-1271