St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Division Circle Navigation Center
JOB TITLE: Facility Worker
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, 5 days per week
LOCATION: 224 So. Van Ness, San Francisco, CA
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time, union
SUPERVISOR: Site Manager
SALARY/BENEFITS: $21 per hour, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision
Under the supervision of the Site Manager, the Handyman is responsible for some building repairs and facility maintenance/upkeep.
• Handle building repairs as needed or consult with the Site Manager if a contractor is needed.
• Do routine inspections to identify potential hazards or malfunctions.
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly facility maintenance duties as assigned.. This may include items such as painting, grout repair, cleaning fans, testing the fire system and replacing light fixtures.
• Perform plumbing repairs as needed.
• Participate in regular staff meetings and training.
• Participate in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program, including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, i.e. gloves, footwear, eye and face protection and protective clothing
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Two years facility maintenance experience.
• Experience with plumbing systems.
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
• Understanding of OSHA requirements with regard to maintenance.
• Comfort working around a diverse community including LGBTQQ, mental illness and varying racial ethnicities.
• Demonstrated commitment to open, direct, and non-violent communication.
• Ability to handle hand and power tools.
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Strong initiative and ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
• Bilingual Spanish, desired.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified candidates with arrest and/or conviction records.
Please send a cover letter describing your interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 415-977-1271.