Food Service Coordinator
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Division Circle Navigation Center
JOB TITLE: Food Service Coordinator
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, 5 days per week
LOCATION: 224 So. Van Ness, San Francisco, CA 94103
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time, union
SUPERVISOR: Site Director
SALARY/BENEFITS: union wage, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision
The Food Service Coordinator prepares and provides food to Navigation Center guests. Maintain kitchen, food prep and cleanliness of pantry.
• Prepares the day’s meal by microwaving food when needed.
• Follow all applicable health guidelines for food safety handling.
• Keep the kitchen and food preparation tools and supplies clean at all times.
• Keep logs of food deliveries when delivered and when food is provided to guests.
• Keep the community room clean at all times.
• Keep the pantry organized and clean.
• Ensure cleanliness of the refrigerators and freezers.
• Provide courteous and informative guest services.
• Follow cleaning checklist daily.
• Complete all verbal and written instructions and duties in a satisfactory manner.
• Wear clean coat, non-slip shoes, pants, hair tied back, hair net and cap for proper safety and sanitation.
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Certification in food services required.
• Minimum of two years food services utility work experience.
• Ability to lift and unload deliveries up to 20 lbs.
• Average verbal English communication skills.
• Ability to provide a comprehensive food program to clients.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to follow rules and supervisor’s instructions.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
• Bilingual preferred in Spanish/English.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants for hire, with arrest and/or conviction records.
Please send a cover letter describing your interest and a resume to:
email@example.com or fax: 415-977-1271