Food Service Supervisor
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Multi-Service Center – No. California’s largest homeless shelter
JOB TITLE: Food Service Supervisor
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, 5 days per week
LOCATION: 525 – 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Full-time,
SUPERVISOR: Lessy Benedith, Program Director
SALARY/BENEFITS: DOE, benefits: Kaiser paid in full for employee, voluntary dental and vision, 403b plan
The Food Service Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of the kitchen operations and meal preparation. Breakfast and dinner are served cafeteria style each day to approximately 400 shelter guests. The Food Service Supervisor is responsible for ensuring staff adherence to kitchen sanitation guidelines, food safety requirements, food purchasing and management of personnel.
• Direct the activities of the kitchen including meal preparation, ordering, storage and cleanliness.
• Hiring, training and supervision of kitchen staff.
• Follow all applicable health guidelines for food safety handling and sanitation requirements.
• Requisition and inspect food supply and estimate food quantities needed. Purchase food and/or utilize food donations when supplied.
• Ensure the quality of the food served.
• Schedule employees work hours to ensure food is prepared well and timely.
• Regularly coach and train staff in job duties and food safety. Perform annual employee evaluations.
• Ensure kitchen equipment is in good working order. Maintain equipment purchase and repair records.
• Utilize ADP to monitor, correct and approve electronic timecards.
• Attend weekly meetings with the Program Director and attend other meetings and/or trainings as required.
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
• HS Diploma or GED with certification in culinary arts or a four year degree in the culinary arts or related field.
• Three years food service management experience.
• Certification in food safety required.
• Ability to lift and unload deliveries up to 50 lbs.
• Ability for gross and fine finger/hand coordination and manipulation.
• Good English communication skills including speaking, reading and writing.
• Ability to motivate staff toward the goal of providing a comprehensive food program to shelter guests at the Multi-Service Center South.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a demanding environment.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with shelter guests, volunteers, vendors and staff.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
This position requires current CPR and First Aid certification given by MSC and negative result of TB test.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco’s MSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, qualified applicants will be considered for employment, with arrest and/or conviction history.
Resume and cover letter to be delivered to Lois Dutton, HR Director
via email: email@example.com or fax: 415-977-1271