Cook – MSC
JOB TITLE: Cook
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, 5 days per week, breakfast shift
LOCATION: 525 – 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time, union
SUPERVISOR: Food Services Supervisor
SALARY/BENEFITS: $18.34 per hour, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision
The cook performs all aspects of kitchen work and meal preparation under the supervision of the Food Services Supervisor and in keeping with food safety guidelines. Prepare and cook meals following sanitation guidelines and accept donations to the kitchen. Keep the kitchen, walk-in refrigerator and storage rooms clean on a daily basis with the help of kitchen staff. Do check list daily and perform all verbal orders.
- Prepare and cook meals following the instruction of the Food Services Supervisor and/or Lead Cook.
- Follow all applicable health guidelines for food safety handling.
- Keep the kitchen and food preparation material clean at all times.
- Keep the walk-in refrigerator and storage room clean on a daily basis with the help of CAAP workers and kitchen staff.
- Keep the dining room clean at all times.
- Provide courteous and informative guest service while ensuring that assigned station is stocked and clean.
- Accept and record donations to the kitchen, giving receipts when requested.
- Follow check list and do items daily.
- Complete all verbal and written instructions and duties in a satisfactory manner.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification in food services required.
- Minimum of two years cooking and kitchen prep experience.
- Ability to lift and unload deliveries up to 50 lbs.
- Good verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to motivate food service staff toward the goal of providing a comprehensive food program to clients at the Multi-Service Center South.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Ability to follow rules and supervisor’s instructions.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
This position requires current CPR and First Aid certification given by MSC and negative result of TB test.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction.
To apply send a cover letter and resume by using this link: