Food Service Worker MSC
JOB TITLE: Food Service Worker
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, 5 days per week, 2 morning and 3 afternoon shifts
LOCATION: 525 – 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time, Union position
SUPERVISOR: Food Services Supervisor
SALARY/BENEFITS: $18.34 per hour, Kaiser paid in full for employee, voluntary vacation and float hours, and 403b retirement plan
The Food Service Worker assists the lead cook in the preparation of the day’s meal. Maintain kitchen, food prep, cleanliness of the kitchen, storage, refrigerator, and dining area.
- Assists the lead cook in the food preparation of the day’s meal.
- Follow all applicable health guidelines for food safety handling.
- Keep the kitchen and food preparation areas clean at all times.
- Keep the walk-in refrigerator and storage room clean on a daily basis with the help of CAAP workers and kitchen staff.
- Keep the dining room clean at all times.
- Provide courteous and informative guest service while ensuring that the assigned station is stocked and clean.
- Accept and record donations to the kitchen, giving receipts when requested.
- Follow and complete daily tasks as assigned.
- Follow the close checklist and do items daily.
- Complete all verbal and written instructions and duties in a satisfactory manner.
- Wear a clean coat, non-slip shoes, pants, hair tied back, and cap for proper safety and sanitation.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by the Food Service Supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification in food services required.
- Minimum of two years of food service utility work experience.
- Ability to lift and unload deliveries up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of how to operate/maintain a dishwashing machine or a ware-washing 3 sink station.
- Good verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to provide a comprehensive food program to clients at the Multi-Service Center South.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Ability to follow rules and supervisor’s instructions.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers, and staff.
- Bilingual preferred in Spanish/English.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply send a cover letter and resume by using this link: