Major Gifts and Planned Giving Officer
LOCATION: 1175 Howard St., San Francisco
PROGRAMS: Development Department
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, 40+ hours per week, Exempt SUPERVISOR: Director of Development SALARY/BENEFITS: DOE, Kaiser HMO fully paid for employee, voluntary dental and vision insurance, 403b retirement plan
SALARY: $75,000- $105,000
As our Major and Planned Giving Officer you will work with the Director of Development to design, develop and implement strategic and tactical plans to secure major gifts. The Major and Planned Giving Officer role includes identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gifts and gift planning prospects and developing strategies to increase revenue and activity. Develop compelling engagement strategies to solicit and close gifts. Prepare written reports, gift agreements, funder pitches and other materials needed to define, secure and document major gifts. Effectively utilize Salesforce to maintain records, analyze donor research material to target appropriate givers; and track, evaluate and present giving information.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, build and implement a comprehensive strategic long term plan for Major Gifts and Ozanam Planned giving program that elevates the Ozanam Society.
• Develop strategies for donor recognition, identify, cultivate, develop engagement and solicitation strategies, prioritize major gifts, and planned giving prospects and build out the pipeline.
• Develop networks to keep current on best practices, merging trends in Major gifts and planned giving, participate in professional associations and topical training as appropriate.
• Create marketing strategy and plan, branding, invitation packets, development acknowledgment letters, personal notes, birthday cards and execution, materials, newsletters, mailings, website, social media, seminars for different audiences, reunion activities and events. Track and analyze results and activities for Major Gifts.
• Speak before affinity groups, community groups and allied professionals, briefings, presentations on estate and charitable planning.
• Effectively meet annual goals through setting priorities, time management, follow through, regularly analyzing outcomes and proactive strategies. Exercise sound judgement and ensure activities are aligned with the broader department goals.
• Work in concert with the Development team on the planning, production and management of the annual Brennan Awards Gala.
• Maintain profile information of existing and prospective donors in Salesforce to record, track, qualify and respond to prospect inquiries in the CRM system.
• Works with Development Director to draft gift agreements and estate planning documents
• Oversee the process for incoming major gifts, bequest, testamentary gifts, and the planned giving vehicles.
• Stewardship Plan – Develop and execute annual stewardship events, reunions for major gifts and Ozanam Society.
• Manage and work with graphic design consultants including but not limited to budget, design and content.
• Work directly with various local financial planning, estate planning associations and professionals to plan meetings to maximize SVDP position as the charity of choice for major gifts, bequest, trusts, retirement funds, life insurance policies, life income arrangements and enhance the profile of Ozanam Society.
• Work directly with executors, trustees, and other fiduciary/financial custodians, as well as internal partners daily to receive the full value of estate gifts in a timely manner and ensure against mismanagement and waste.
• Reports: Execute monthly/quarter/annual reports of donor solicitation, identification, fundraising plans, cultivation, campaigns and stewardship efforts. Track and monitor open estates and testamentary distributions, and major gifts with the goal of providing timely, accurate, and transparent information to leadership.
• Manage the collection, conversion, administration, and allocation of realized testamentary gifts to St. Vincent de Paul Society (e.g., gifts by will or trust, retirement funds, bequests, payable on death accounts, insurance, life insurance policies, life income arrangements, annuities, all planned giving vehicles and major gifts) to ensure St. Vincent de Paul’s interest are protected.
• BA or BS degree in Communications, Marketing or business. Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 7 -10 years’ experience obtaining and managing planned giving arrangements, bequest, trusts, retirement funds, life insurance policies, life income arrangements, annuities, major gifts experience and successful cultivation, soliciting experience.
• Ability to interact with high-net worth individuals and their advisors with a proven track record of raising major and planned giving venue gifts of 10k plus.
• Effectiveness in prospect identification, building enduring relationships, personal experience in forming, presenting, and negotiating high level arrangements, donor gifts and building trust with diverse stakeholders.
• Attention to detail and nuance, which will support administering gifts and navigating legal and financial regulations.
• A working knowledge of the San Francisco Bay area funding community and trends.
• Demonstrated knowledge and high proficiency in Salesforce and Wealth Engine required.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, editing, drafting, editing letters, proposals, negotiation, presentations, direct mail, and email marketing campaigns that result in increased donations or revenue.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Strong skills in Microsoft suite, Salesforce, and Wealth Engine
• Knowledge of charitable gift planning techniques, professional certification in major gifts and planned giving, a plus.
• Develop and maintain program budgets. • Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. • Ability to meet deadlines, set priorities and work under pressure.
• Other duties as assigned.
Covid-19 vaccination required with booster. The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction.
Apply using the link below.