Program Assistant – Division Circle
JOB TITLE: Program Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Exempt, non-union
LOCATION: 224 So. Van Ness, San Francisco, CA 94103
SUPERVISOR: Site Director
BENEFITS: Salary DOE. Kaiser HMO paid in full for employee, voluntary dental/vision, and 403b retirement plan
The Program Assistant supports the Navigation Center Program Management and Case Management department with data entry, client referrals, follow up calls and appointments. This position supports the chronically homeless men and women at the Navigation Center and works closely with SVDP administration to ensure timely receipt of information, data, invoices etc. This position will provide administrative support in capturing data regarding the clients.
- Assist with developing and maintaining informational resources for shelter guests, including current housing listings.
- Maintain data on current clients and exiting clients.
- Set-up appointments requested by Case Managers for homeless shelter guests to appropriate referral agencies for education, vocational training, employment, housing, medical, substance abuse, mental health and government services (i.e. GA, SSI, Medical).
- Provide basic information on One System for our new guests including: Rules and regulations, check-in and bed information, clinic information, laundry, etc.
- May assist staff with personnel paperwork, process bi-weekly payroll using ADP Workforce Now and prepare account payable invoice forms.
- Maintain and enter statistical data for the homeless shelter guests.
- Maintain office supplies, organize supplies, and keep inventory of supplies.
- Assists with event set-up and coordination of needed materials.
- Provide administrative support to the Program Management team.
- Provide resources to shelter clients upon request.
- Provide written and verbal translation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AA degree in business management or another related field. Equivalent work experience will be accepted with HS diploma or GED.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Average data entry skills and ability to use windows based computer.
- Average Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel skills.
- Ability to multi-task and remain composed and professional.
- Ability to work in a diverse community including LGBTQQ, mental illness, and varying ethnicities. Cultural competency and humility are necessary traits for this role.
- Demonstrated commitment to open, direct, and non-violent communication.
- Strong initiative and ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers, and staff.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
TB test and Covid vaccination with booster required.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance qualified applicants will be considered for employment with arrest and/or conviction records.