Graveyard Shift Supervisor
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Division Circle Navigation Center
JOB TITLE: Shift Supervisor
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, 5 days per week, Graveyard
LOCATION: So. Van Ness, San Francisco, CA
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, full-time, non-union
SUPERVISOR: Site Manager
SALARY/BENEFITS: Salary DOE, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision
Division Circle Navigation Center is expected to be open three years. This position provides a full range of direct services to clients. Under the supervision of the Site Manager, the Shift Supervisor manages the operation of the Navigation Center, which provides meals, storage and temporary housing to homeless men and women during assessment and transition to other services. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for support of and adherence to the mission of the St. Vincent de Paul Society (SVDP) and the Navigation Center. This position provides direct supervision to Program staff overseeing activities in the shelter ensuring the safety of residents and staff.
• Provide leadership to staff. Supervision of staff, including disciplining, coaching, evaluating, staff development and training.
• Ensure quality provision of all direct services. Maintain focus on client needs, client satisfaction and results driven approach. Consult with staff as necessary and provide guidance.
• Promptly and effectively address critical and emergency situations. Use problem solving for difficult issues and situations. Communicate critical issues to all appropriate supervisors and team leaders.
• Be accessible for emergencies and back-up for other shifts when needed. Requires some additional hours for meetings and trainings.
• Comply with all Homelessness and Supportive Housing contractual requirements and maintain records for quality assurance and reporting. Ensure all Coordinated Entry requirements are fulfilled for all clients enrolled and served. Ensure data is accurately entered into the One system regularly.
• Complete and submit daily shift reports to Site Manager(s) and the Program Director at the end of every shift. Save all shift reports accordingly in shared network drive.
• Oversight of access to and security of the storage facility.
• Document and communicate on a daily basis all facets of the operation to the Site Manager, including the implementation of the Standards of Care legislation and Navigation Center Grievance Policy.
• Develop and maintain weekly work schedules, post assignments and responsibilities for staff.
• Review and correct all Program Aide timesheets on a weekly basis using ADP. Approve timesheets bi-weekly and submit summary of hours to the Site Manager.
• Review and process holiday and vacation request forms.
• Attend weekly meetings with Site Manager and Program Director.
• Attend all meetings and trainings as assigned.
• Oversee the implementation of all Navigation Center policies and procedures.
• Oversee maintenance and cleanliness of the Navigation Center.
• Monitor the injury and illness prevention program and OSHA requirements
• Perform other duties assigned
• Four-year degree in Social Services or related field. Equivalent experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Three years of experience working with the diversity of the homeless population, particularly with homeless adults with a long history of homelessness and/or currently living on the streets of San Francisco.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Above average ability to speak, read and write English.
• Proficient in data entry and Microsoft Outlook and Word.
• Excellent ability to maintain accurate records.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff.
• Excellent ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
• Excellent capability to maintain professional rapport and boundaries with staff, volunteers and clients.
• Demonstrated use of Vincentian values such as respect, integrity, dignity, collaboration, justice, compassionate service, client advocacy, resourcefulness and excellence.
• Sensitivity to the needs of diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, gender/transgender populations.
• Average ability to learn new software and other skills as needed.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
• Experience in working with people who are mentally ill or substance abuse preferred.
• Bilingual: English and Spanish preferred.
This position requires current CPR and First Aid certification. Upon hire obtain negative result of TB test and fingerprint via live scan system.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified candidates with arrest and/or conviction records.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Lois Dutton by email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 415-977-1271