Graveyard Swing Shift Supervisor
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
JOB TITLE: Graveyard Swing Shift Supervisor
LOCATION: 525- 5TH Street, SF
PROGRAM: Multi-Service Center South
SALARY/BENEFITS: DOE, full medical (Kaiser)
CLASSIFICATION: Full- Time, 40 hours per week, Exempt position (non-union)
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: Approx. 11-14
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Program Director
Under the supervision of the Assistant Program Director, the Graveyard and Swing Shift Supervisor manages the graveyard operation of Multi-Service Center South, which provides a full range of support services to homeless men and women. The Graveyard/Swing Shift Supervisor is responsible for support of and adherence to the mission of the St. Vincent de Paul Society (SVDP) and the Multi-Service Center South. This position provides direct supervision to Program staff, overseeing activities in the shelter ensuring the safety of residents and staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervision of staff, including disciplining, evaluating, coaching, staff development and training.
• Ensure quality provision of all direct services. Maintain focus on client needs, client satisfaction and results driven approach.
• Document and communicate on a daily basis all facets of the graveyard and swing operation to the Assistant Program Director and Program Director, including the implementation of the Standards of Care legislation and Shelter Grievance Policy.
• Develop and maintain weekly work schedules, post assignments and responsibilities for graveyard and swing staff.
• Review, correct and approve all Program Aide timesheets on a bi-weekly basis using ADP including time off request.
• Maintain property and supply rooms by keeping organized and clean at all times.
• Attend weekly meetings with Assistant Program Director and Program Director.
• Oversee the implementation of all Multi-Service Center South’s policies and procedures.
• Comply with all Human Services Contractual requirements and maintain accurate records for quality assurance and reporting.
• Be accessible for emergencies, provide back-up and work weekend shifts as needed. Requires some daytime and weekend work/meetings.
• Attend additional trainings and meetings as required.
• Oversee maintenance and cleaning of shelter.
• Monitor the injury and illness prevention program and OSHA requirements
• Perform other duties assigned
• Four-year degree in social services or a related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Two years of experience in contract administration with a non-profit organization.
• Ability to lead and motivate staff towards excellent work standards and productivity.
• Above average ability to read, write and speak English.
- Excellent organizational, data entry and record keeping skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience working with homeless individuals and/or disadvantaged people. Experience working with people who are mentally ill or substance abuse preferred.
• Demonstrated use of Vincentian values such as respect, integrity, dignity, collaboration, justice, compassionate service, client advocacy, resourcefulness and excellence.
• Sensitivity to the needs of diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, gender/transgender populations.
• Ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
• Professional demeanor and ability to maintain professional rapport and boundaries with staff, volunteers and clients.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified candidate with arrest and/or conviction records.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Lois Dutton by email email@example.com
or by fax to 415-977-1271