Client Support Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Client Support Coordinator
LOCATION: Division Navigation Center, San Francisco, CA
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time, union
SUPERVISOR: Shift Supervisor
SALARY/BENEFITS: $16 per hour, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor, the Client Support Coordinator is responsible for handling client intakes and services to clients. Problem solving with the clients is a key part of this position. This position will ensure the safety of the Navigation Center by monitoring activities of the clients and controlling activities when necessary.
• Work with clients to resolve problems.
• Assist with providing resource and referral information for clients.
• Assist clients with navigating the criteria for housing.
• Responsible for respectful and courteous treatment of all clients at all times.
• Monitor and control activities in the Navigation Center ensuring the safety of clients and staff.
• Deliver client food.
• Assist with maintenance and cleanliness of shelter.
• Carry protective gloves at all times and use them as appropriate.
• Follow and maintain rules and regulations described in the Navigation Center’s operations manual.
• Implement and adhere to Standards of Care per City/County legislation.
• Enter client data into database using provided software program.
• Make area checks as assigned.
• Perform bed checks.
• Distribute and collect blankets and towels.
• Attend monthly all-staff meetings.
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
• High school degree or equivalent work experience. AA degree preferred.
• One year experience working with diverse populations in a non-profit setting.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Good communication skills, both verbal, reading and written.
• Enthusiastic about service others.
• Experience with and the ability to work with men and women who are chronically homeless, substance users and /or mentally ill.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Ability to work well under pressure and in crisis situations.
• Ability to follow rules and supervisor’s instructions.
• Proficient in data entry, learning new software and Microsoft Word.
• Demonstrated use of Vincentian values such as respect, dignity, integrity, collaboration, justice, stewardship, compassionate service, client advocacy, resourcefulness and excellence.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Send a resume and cover letter describing your interest to Lois Dutton, HR Director firstname.lastname@example.org