Day Shift Supervisor
JOB TITLE: Day Shift Supervisor
PROGRAM: Multi-Service Center South
SCHEDULE: Full- Time, 40 hours per week, Exempt position (non-union)
LOCATION: 525- 5TH Street, San Francisco
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Program Director
NUMBER OF SUPERVISEES: Approximately 6
SALARY/BENEFITS: Full medical (Kaiser), DOE
Summary: Under the supervision of the Assistant Program Director, the Day Shift Supervisor manages the day operation of Multi-Service Center South, which provides a full range of support services to homeless men and women. The Day Shift Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the safety of staff and clients by monitoring the activities within the shelter. This position provides direct supervision to Program staff. In addition this position oversees the G.A. coordination and is responsible to supervise the volunteers from the General Assistance workfare program.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervision of staff, including coaching, disciplining, evaluating, staff development and training. Lead and assist staff as necessary.
- Ensure quality provision of all direct services. Maintain focus on client needs, client satisfaction and results driven approach.
- Document and communicate on a daily basis all facets of the day shift operation to the Assistant Program Director and Program Director, including the implementation of the Standards of Care legislation and Shelter Grievance Policy.
- Develop and maintain weekly work schedules, post assignments and responsibilities for day shift staff.
- Handles the General Assistance (G.A.) workfare coordination by supervising the volunteers from the program and arranging the work schedules with the G.A. organizer/office. This includes training of volunteers.
- Review and process accurate completion of all day shift staff timesheets on a bi-weekly basis.
- Review and process holiday and vacation request forms.
- Maintain property and supply rooms by keeping organized and clean at all times.
- Oversee the implementation of all Multi-Service Center South’s policies and procedures.
- Comply with all Human Services Contractual requirements and maintain accurate records for quality assurance and reporting.
- Be accessible for emergencies, provide back-up and work weekend shifts as needed. Requires some daytime and weekend work/meetings.
- Oversee maintenance and cleaning of shelter.
- Monitor the injury and illness prevention program and OSHA requirements including the use of PPE.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Four-year degree in related field preferred. Equivalent work experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Three years of experience in shelter or comparable contract administration with a non-profit organization.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Experience in working with homeless individuals and/or disadvantaged people. Experience in working with people who are mentally ill or substance abuse preferred.
- Demonstrated use of Vincentian values such as respect, integrity, dignity, collaboration, justice, compassionate service, client advocacy, resourcefulness and excellence.
- Sensitivity to the needs of diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, gender/transgender populations.
- Ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with staff, volunteers and clients.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish preferred.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco, Wellness Center, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your interest to Lois Dutton, HR Director by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 415-977-1271