St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Multi-Service Center – No. California’s largest homeless shelter
JOB TITLE: Laundry Worker
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, 5 days per week, schedule varies
LOCATION: 525 – 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time, union
PAY RATE/BENEFITS: $16.50 per hour, Kaiser paid in full for employee, optional dental, vision an d 403b retirement
SUPERVISOR: Swing Shift Supervisor
The Laundry Worker ensures the cleanliness of the bed sheets, blankets, towels and other laundry under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor. The Laundry Worker handles inventory control and reports all needed supplies to the Lead Launderer.
• Collects dirty blankets, towels and sheets from bed areas.
• Washes, dries and folds laundry as needed.
• Distributes clean blankets, towels and sheets to bed areas and/or front desk.
• Follow all applicable OSHA safety requirements.
• Maintain laundry washing equipment and surrounding area.
• Maintain inventory of laundry washing supplies.
• Clean assigned areas such as the laundry bathrooms.
• Attend all staff meetings and trainings.
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Experience working with maintenance and care of machinery.
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Ability to maintain the laundry equipment to meet the needs of the Multi-Service Center.
• Ability for gross and fine finger/hand coordination and manipulation.
• Good verbal and written English communication skills.
• Ability to complete duties in a timely and satisfactory manner.
• Basic math skills.
• Ability to follow rules and supervisor’s instructions.
• Ability to maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
St. Vincent de Paul Society is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records.
To apply: Send a cover letter describing your interest and a resume to:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 415-977-1271