St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Division Navigation Center
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Manager
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 40 hours per week, some evenings/weekends
LOCATION: 224 So. Van Ness, San Francisco, CA 94103
SUPERVISOR: Site Director
SALARY/BENEFITS: $49920, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision
This position supervises the Maintenance staff who are responsible for the cleanliness of the Navigation Center. The Navigation Center may house up to 185 guests a night. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing the maintenance budget and ordering supplies.
• Supervises, coaches, evaluates and trains maintenance staff.
• OSHA compliance with regard to employee safety including training and MDS sheets.
• General property maintenance, pest control and basic repairs.
• Ensures coverage of three shifts per day in a 24 hour, 7 day rotation.
• Documents performance issues adhering to the union contract.
• Monitor supply expenses and provides cost estimates as needed.
• Use of ADP for time off requests, reviewing and/or correcting timecards and performance evaluations.
• Maintains cleanliness of the shelter utilizing proper staffing and support as needed.
• Orders all cleaning supplies and janitorial products as necessary to stock the shelter.
• Participate in regular staff meetings and training.
• Assists with cleaning as needed.
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
• GED or high school diploma with two years of experience in maintenance.
• Minimum two years of experience in supervision and leading a team.
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills. Oral fluency in Spanish, Cantonese and/or Mandarin desirable.
• Understanding of OSHA requirements with regard to maintenance.
• Comfort working around a diverse community including LGBTQQ, mental illness and varying ethnicities.
• Demonstrated commitment to open, direct, and non-violent communication.
• Ability to make decisions under pressure.
• Basic reporting skills including data entry, Excel, Outlook and Word processing.
• Strong initiative and ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction.
Interested applicants please send a cover letter with your resume for consideration to:
Lois Dutton, HR Director by email: email@example.com or fax: 415-977-1271