St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Multi-Service Center – No. California’s largest homeless shelter
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 40 hours per week, some evenings/weekends
LOCATION: 525 – 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
SUPERVISOR: Lessy Benedith, Program Director
SALARY/BENEFITS: DOE, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision
This position supervises the Maintenance staff that are responsible for the cleanliness of the shelter. The shelter may house up to 400 guests a night. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the maintenance budget and ordering supplies. This position also oversees the volunteers from the General Assistance program.
• Coaches, supervises and trains maintenance staff .
• OSHA compliance with regard to employee safety and MSDS sheets.
• Ensures coverage of three shifts per day in a 24 hour, 7 day rotation.
• Documents performance issues and is familiar with union contract schedule C.
• Handles employee performance evaluations using ADP.
• Adheres to and provides input into annual budget for the department. Monitors expenses and provides cost estimates as needed.
• Use of ADP for time off requests and reviewing and/or correcting timecards.
• Maintains cleanliness of the shelter utilizing proper staffing and support as needed.
• Orders all cleaning supplies and janitorial products as necessary to stock the shelter.
• Handles the General Assistance (GA) coordination by supervising the volunteers from the program and arranging the work schedules with the GA Organizer.
• Participate in regular staff meetings and training.
• Trains employees in proper cleaning.
• Assists with cleaning as needed.
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
• GED or high school diploma with two years of experience in maintenance.
• Oral fluency in English and Spanish.
• Minimum one year of experience in supervision.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of OSHA requirements with regard to maintenance.
• Comfort working around a diverse community including LGBTQQ, mental illness and varying ethnicities.
• Demonstrated commitment to open, direct, and non-violent communication.
• Ability to make decisions under pressure.
• Basic reporting skills including data entry, Excel and Word processing.
• Strong initiative and ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco, Multi-Service Center,
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified candidates with arrest and/or conviction records.
Send in a cover letter describing your interest and a resume to:
email@example.com or fax 415-977-1271