St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Multi-Service Center – No. California’s largest homeless shelter
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Worker
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, 5 days per week
LOCATION: 525 – 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time, union
SUPERVISOR: Alonzo Bowlegs, Maintenance Supervisor
SALARY/BENEFITS: $16.50 per hour, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Worker is responsible for both general and specific cleaning duties throughout the facility.
• Clean the interior of the facility including sweeping, dusting, mopping, trash pickup, restroom cleaning and sanitizing.
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor. This will include occasional deep cleaning.
• Clean the outside perimeter of the facility daily, including sweeping, watering plants and cleaning the garbage bin area, Welch alley and the area along the Chronicle building as needed.
• Participate in regular staff meetings and training.
• Participate in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program, including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, i.e. gloves, footwear, eye and face protection and protective clothing
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
• Possess a High School Diploma or GED + 1 year cleaning experience.
• Oral fluency in English and Spanish, desired.
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
• Understanding of OSHA requirements with regard to maintenance.
• Comfort working around a diverse community including LGBTQQ, mental illness and varying racial ethnicities.
• Demonstrated commitment to open, direct, and non-violent communication.
• Ability to maintain cooperative and collaborative working relationships.
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
• Strong initiative and ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
St. Vincent de Paul Society’s Multi-Service Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified candidates for employment, with arrest and/or conviction records.
If interested please submit resume by email to: email@example.com or by fax: 415-977-1271