St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Division Circle Navigation Center
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Worker
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, 5 days per week
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time, union
SUPERVISOR: Shift Supervisor
SALARY/BENEFITS: $15 per hour, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision
Under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor, the Maintenance Worker is responsible for both general and specific cleaning duties throughout the Navigation Center.
• Clean the interior areas, restrooms and yards of the Navigation Center.
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly duties as assigned by the Day Shift Supervisor.
• Clean the outside perimeter of the Navigation Center daily, including sweeping, watering plants and cleaning the garbage bin area, and surrounding neighborhood as needed.
• Ensure dog run area is kept clean.
• Participate in regular staff meetings and training.
• Participate in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program, including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, i.e. gloves, footwear, eye and face protection and protective clothing
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
• Possess a High School Diploma or GED.
• 1 year cleaning experience.
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
• Understanding of OSHA requirements with regard to maintenance.
• Comfort working around a diverse community including LGBTQ+, mental illness and varying racial ethnicities.
• Demonstrated commitment to open, direct, and non-violent communication.
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
• Strong initiative and ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
• Bilingual Spanish, desired.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants for hire, with arrest and/or conviction records.
Please send a cover letter describing your interest and a resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 415-977-1271