St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Multi-Service Center – No. California’s largest homeless shelter
JOB TITLE: Program Aid
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, 5 days per week
LOCATION: 525 – 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time, union
SUPERVISOR: Shift Supervisor
SALARY/BENEFITS: union rate, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision
Under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor, the Program Aid is responsible for assisting in the general operation of the MSC and Drop-In Center. This position will monitor and control activities of the clients ensuring the safety of the shelter.
• Provide resource and referral information for clients
• Responsible for respectful and courteous treatment of all clients at all times.
• Monitor and control activities in the Shelter and Drop In, ensuring the safety of residents and staff.
• Carry protective gloves at all times and use them as appropriate.
• Follow and maintain rules and regulations described in the Shelter’s operations manual.
• Implement and adhere to Standards of Care per City/County legislation.
• Use CHANGES software to record client data.
• Make area checks as assigned.
• Perform bed checks.
• Distribute and collect blankets and towels.
• Monitor meal lines.
• Responsible for cleanliness of bed and work areas, including restrooms.
• Attend monthly all-staff meetings.
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
• High school degree or equivalent
• One year experience working with diverse populations in a shelter or non-profit setting.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work with men and women who are homeless, indigent, alcoholic, mentally ill, and/or unemployed.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Ability to work well under pressure and in crisis situations.
• Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with staff.
• Ability to follow rules and supervisor’s instructions.
• Ability to take direction and learn new skills.
• Proficient in data entry, learning new software and Microsoft Word.
• Demonstrated use of Vincentian values such as respect, dignity, integrity, compassion, justice and stewardship.
• Ability to advocate for clients and use resourcefulness to help clients and resolve problems.
• Demonstrated excellence in relating to clients and duties.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
St. Vincent de Paul Society is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, qualified applicants will be considered for employment, with arrest and/or conviction records.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com or fax: 415-977-1271