Program Aid – Day
St Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Multi-Service Center – No. California’s largest homeless shelter
JOB TITLE: Program Aid
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, 5 days per week 8 – 4:30
LOCATION: 525 – 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time, union
SUPERVISOR: Day Shift Supervisor
SALARY/BENEFITS: $17.34 hourly, Kaiser paid in full for employee, voluntary dental/vision, 403b retirement plan
Under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor, the Program Aid is responsible for assisting in the general operation of the MSC and Drop-In Center. This position will monitor and control activities of the clients ensuring the safety of the shelter.
· Provide resource and referral information for clients
· Responsible for respectful and courteous treatment of all clients at all times.
· Monitor and control activities in the Shelter and Drop In, ensuring the safety of residents and staff.
· Carry protective gloves at all times and use them as appropriate.
· Follow and maintain rules and regulations described in the Shelter’s operations manual.
· Implement and adhere to Standards of Care per City/County legislation.
· Use CHANGES software to record client data.
· Make area checks as assigned.
· Perform bed checks.
· Distribute and collect blankets and towels.
· Monitor meal lines.
· Responsible for cleanliness of bed and work areas, including restrooms.
· Attend monthly all-staff meetings.
· Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
· High school degree or equivalent
· One year experience working with diverse populations in a shelter or non-profit setting.
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to work with men and women who are homeless, indigent, alcoholic, mentally ill, and/or unemployed.
· Ability to maintain accurate records.
· Ability to work well under pressure and in crisis situations.
· Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with staff.
· Ability to follow rules and supervisor’s instructions.
· Ability to take direction and learn new skills.
· Proficient in data entry, learning new software and Microsoft Word.
· Demonstrated use of Vincentian values such as respect, dignity, integrity, compassion, justice and stewardship.
· Ability to advocate for clients and use resourcefulness to help clients and resolve problems.
· Demonstrated excellence in relating to clients and duties.
· Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
· Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
St. Vincent de Paul Society is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, qualified applicants will be considered for employment, with arrest and/or conviction records.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=213ba3e0-fadc-4016-863a-f5f1f2ba101f&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US