Program Aid – Graveyard Shift
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Multi-Service Center – No. California’s largest homeless shelter
JOB TITLE: Program Aid – Graveyard
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, 5 days per week
LOCATION: 525 – 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time, union
SUPERVISOR: Graveyard Supervisor
SALARY/BENEFITS: $17.34 or current union wage, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision, 403b retirement plan
Under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor, the Program Aid is responsible for assisting in the general operation of the MSC and Drop-In Center. This position is responsible for monitoring the residents, providing resources and ensuring the safety of the shelter.
· Provide resource and referral information for clients
· Responsible for respectful and courteous treatment of all clients at all times.
· Monitor and control activities in the Shelter and Drop In, ensuring the safety of residents and staff.
· Carry protective gloves at all times and use them as appropriate.
· Follow and maintain rules and regulations described in the Shelter’s operations manual.
· Implement and adhere to Standards of Care per City/County legislation.
· Use CHANGES software to record client data.
· Make area checks as assigned.
· Perform bed checks.
· Distribute and collect blankets and towels.
· Monitor meal lines.
· Responsible for cleanliness of bed and work areas, including restrooms.
· Attend monthly all-staff meetings.
· Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
· High school degree or equivalent
· Good communication English skills, both verbal and written.
· Experience and ability to work with men and women who are homeless, indigent, alcoholic, mentally ill, and/or unemployed.
· Ability to maintain accurate records.
· Ability to work well under pressure and in crisis situations.
· Ability to learn new skills and follow procedures.
· Proficient in data entry, learning new software and Microsoft Word.
· Ability to maintain collaborative and cooperative working relationships.
· Demonstrated use of Vincentian values such as respect, dignity, integrity, collaboration, justice, stewardship, compassion, client advocacy and resourcefulness.
· Demonstrated excellence in relating to clients and performing duties.
· Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
· Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
This position requires current CPR and First Aid certification given by MSC and negative result of TB test.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=213ba3e0-fadc-4016-863a-f5f1f2ba101f&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US