JOB TITLE: Program Aid
SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday-Friday (Non-exempt, Temporary)
LOCATION: 525 – 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
SUPERVISOR: Shift Supervisor
SALARY/BENEFITS: 14.26 per hour, full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision
Summary: Under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor, the Program Aid is responsible for assisting in the general operation of the MSC and Drop-In Center. This position will monitor and control activities of the clients ensuring the safety of the shelter.
- Provide resource and referral information for clients
- Responsible for respectful and courteous treatment of all clients at all times.
- Monitor and control activities in the Shelter and Drop In, ensuring the safety of residents and staff.
- Carry protective gloves at all times and use them as appropriate.
- Follow and maintain rules and regulations described in the Shelter’s operations manual.
- Implement and adhere to Standards of Care per City/County legislation.
- Use CHANGES software to record client data.
- Make area checks as assigned.
- Perform bed checks.
- Distribute and collect blankets and towels.
- Monitor meal lines.
- Responsible for cleanliness of bed and work areas, including restrooms.
- Attend monthly all-staff meetings.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent
- One year experience working with diverse populations in a shelter or non-profit setting.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with men and women who are homeless, indigent, alcoholic, mentally ill, and/or unemployed.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in crisis situations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with staff.
- Ability to follow rules and supervisor’s instructions.
- Ability to take direction and learn new skills.
- Proficient in data entry, learning new software and Microsoft Word.
- Demonstrated use of Vincentian values such as respect, dignity, integrity, compassion, justice and stewardship.
- Ability to advocate for clients and use resourcefulness to help clients and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated excellence in relating to clients and duties.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
TB testing, first aid training and background check will be required
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco, MSC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Send a resume and cover letter describing your interest to Lois Dutton, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org