St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Homeless Services – MSC South – Northern California’s Largest Homeless Shelter
JOB TITLE: Resource Specialist
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday 11:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, full-time
LOCATION: 525 – 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
SUPERVISOR: Supportive Services Supervisor
SALARY/BENEFITS: $25 hourly, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision
St. Vincent de Paul Society seeks a full-time Resource Specialist to serve homeless men and women at Multi-Service Center South. BA/BS in Psychology or related field required (MA/MS preferred) with extensive case management and clinical experience. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred. Candidates must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Candidate for the position must demonstrate cultural competency in working with a diverse population and must have experience with individuals suffering from mental illness, substance abuse and homelessness. The position will require support for the supportive service and program team in providing clients with basic information and referrals; as well as specifically lead the employment readiness and workforce development initiatives at MSC South.
* Create, develop and maintain informational resources for shelter guests, including current housing listings
* Coordinate and provide housing and employment resource and referral information to shelter guests
* Seek, develop and build relationships with community agencies to support shelter guests
* Offer support to homeless shelter guests in the development and submission of written service plans/goals
* Link homeless shelter guests to appropriate referral agencies for education, vocational training, employment, housing, dental, substance abuse, mental health, primary care and government services (i.e. GA, SSI, Medical), and SF START case management team
* Provide support in order to assist homeless shelter guests in increasing emotional stability
* Create and provide behavioral modification support groups to homeless shelter guests that address issues related to the development of life skills, trauma recovery, substance abuse recovery and increasing self-esteem
* Provide crisis counseling as needed and assist homeless shelter guests by helping them access immediate mental health care and/or other supportive services
*Key lead in implementing supportive services in employment readiness and workforce development – specifically resume/cover letter writing, interviewing and soft skills.
*Key lead in coordinating and attending job fairs, hiring halls, and other related activities.
* Provide basic information on San Francisco Shelter System for our new guests including: Rules and regulations, check-in and bed information, clinic information, laundry, etc.
*Maintain accurate and updated files on clients, services provided, and progress made on City’s databases, as well as ETO database and other database systems as requested.
*Provide monthly reports on service numbers, clients served, and achievements as well as other pertinent quantitative outcomes to Supportive Services Supervisor, Program Director, and other executive staff.
* Organize and maintain services and statistical data provided to homeless shelter guests
* Provide outreach services to shelter clientele
* Provide written and verbal translation as needed
* Other duties as assigned
• BA/BS in Psychology or related field with two years of experience required (MA/MS preferred)
• Oral fluency in English and Spanish.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Comfort working around a diverse community including LGBTQQ, mental illness and varying ethnicities.
• Demonstrated commitment to open, direct, and non-violent communication.
• Strong reporting skills including data entry, Excel and Word processing.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Strong initiative and ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco, Multi-Service Center, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified candidates for employment, with arrest and/or conviction records.
Interested applicants please send a cover letter with your resume for consideration to:
Lois Dutton, HR Director by email: email@example.com or fax: 415-977-1271