JOB TITLE: Site Director
SCHEDULE: M – F with occasional weekend days.
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Full-time
LOCATION: 224 So. Van Ness, San Francisco, CA
SUPERVISOR: Director of Homeless Services
SALARY/BENEFITS: $80k, Kaiser paid for employee, voluntary dental, vision, 403b retirement
The Site Director is responsible for managing the operations at the Navigation Center at 224 So. Van Ness. This position provides direct supervision to managers/supervisors and indirect staff supervision. The Site Director is a leadership position responsible for overall operations, staff management, and delivery of services while ensuring adherence to Navigation Center policies.
- Oversight of daily operations of the Navigation Center.
- Direct supervision of Shift Supervisors, Program Assistant, Case Manager Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Motivate staff by providing leadership, guidance and constructive feedback.
- Oversee and implement the policies and procedures of the Navigation Center.
- Ensure that the shelter training manual is adhered to and understood by all staff.
- Consistent supervision including setting performance goals, monitoring performance, coaching and resolving problems.
- Screen, interview, hire and orient new employees.
- Ensure consistent provision of all services including the One entry system.
- Assist with contractual requirements/reporting.
- Maintain and compile statistical data for reports.
- Support timekeeping process by working with supervisors to review timecards and correct errors. Responsible for review of the bi-weekly payroll summary.
- Lead staff meetings and communicate essential information from upper management.
- Participate in appropriate on-going staff development and training.
- Oversee all facilities, including maintenance and upkeep staff.
- Work evening and weekend shifts to meet program needs.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Social Services, Business Management or related field. Work experience may be accepted in lieu of a four-year degree. MA/MS degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years leadership experience.
- Minimum of three years managerial or supervisory experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, set priorities and work under pressure.
- Accurate data entry and ability to utilize computer programs including ETO, Dropbox, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve problems.
- Prior work experience with homelessness issues, preferably in direct services.
- Knowledge of community agencies and networking.
- Ability to de-escalate crisis situations.
- Sensitivity to the needs of diverse ethnic and cultural populations.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with staff, volunteers and clients.
- Growth-oriented team player.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Complies with and supports the overall mission, core values and vision of St. Vincent de Paul of San Francisco.
Covid-19 vaccination and booster required.
St. Vincent de Paul is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants for hire with arrest and/or conviction records.
Please send a cover letter and resume using the link below to apply: