Site Manager, Quinn Navigation Center
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Division Circle Navigation Center
JOB TITLE: Site Manager
SCHEDULE: Full-Time, days of week vary based on shelter needs
LOCATION: 224 So. Van Ness, San Francisco, CA
SUPERVISOR: Lessy Benedith, Program Director
SALARY/BENEFITS: $66k, Kaiser paid for employee, voluntary dental, vision, 403b retirement
The Site Manager is responsible for running the Navigation Center at 224 So. Van Ness. This program is expected to run two – three years. This position provides direct supervision to supervisors and indirect staff supervision. The Site Manager is a leadership position responsible for overall operations, staff management and delivery of services while ensuring adherence to Navigation Center policies.
• Oversight of daily operations of the Navigation Center.
• Motivate staff by providing leadership, guidance and constructive feedback.
• Oversee and implement the policies and procedures of the Navigation Center.
• Ensure that the shelter training manual is adhered to and understood by all staff.
• Supervise key staff including setting performance goals, monitoring performance and resolving problems.
• Ensure consistent provision of all services including the One entry system.
• Maintain and compile statistical data for reports.
• Screen, interview, hire and orient new employees.
• Lead staff meetings and communicate essential information from upper management.
• Participate in appropriate on-going staff development and training.
• Oversee all facilities, including maintenance and upkeep staff.
• Work evening and weekend shifts to meet program needs.
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
• BA/BS degree in Social Services, Business Management or related field. Work experience may be accepted in lieu of a four year degree.
• Minimum two years supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Above average ability to read, write and speak English.
• Ability to manage conflict and resolve problems.
• Prior work experience with homelessness issues, preferably in direct services.
• Knowledge of community agencies and networking.
• Ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
• Sensitivity to the needs of diverse ethnic and cultural populations.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with staff, volunteers and clients.
• Growth-oriented team player.
• Bilingual Spanish preferred.
• Complies with and supports the overall mission, core values and vision of St. Vincent de Paul of San Francisco.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction.
Interested applicants please send a cover letter with your resume for consideration to:
Lois Dutton, HR Director by email: Jobs@svdp-sf.org or fax: 415-977-1271