St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Multi-Service Center – No. California’s largest homeless shelter
JOB TITLE: Utility Worker
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, 5 days per week, 2 morning and 3 afternoon shifts
LOCATION: 525 – 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time, Union position
SUPERVISOR: Food Services Supervisor
SALARY/BENEFITS: $15.15 per hour, sick hours
The Kitchen Worker assists the lead cook in the preparation of the day’s meal. Maintain kitchen, food prep and cleanliness of kitchen, storage, refrigerator and dining area.
• Assists the lead cook in the food preparation of the day’s meal.
• Follow all applicable health guidelines for food safety handling.
• Keep the kitchen and food preparation areas clean at all times.
• Keep the walk-in refrigerator and storage room clean on a daily basis with the help of CAAP workers and kitchen staff.
• Keep the dining room clean at all times.
• Provide courteous and informative guest service while ensuring that assigned station is stocked and clean.
• Accept and record donations to the kitchen, giving receipts when requested.
• Follow and complete daily tasks as assigned.
• Follow close check list and do items daily.
• Complete all verbal and written instructions and duties in a satisfactory manner.
• Wear clean coat, non-slip shoes, pants, hair tied back and cap for proper safety and sanitation.
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by the Food Service Supervisor.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Certification in food services required.
• Minimum of two years food services utility work experience.
• Ability to lift and unload deliveries up to 50 lbs.
• Knowledge of how to operate/maintain a dishwashing machine or a ware-washing 3 sink station.
• Good verbal English communication skills.
• Ability to provide a comprehensive food program to clients at the Multi-Service Center South.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a demanding environment.
• Ability to follow rules and supervisor’s instructions.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
• Bilingual preferred in Spanish/English.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
This position requires current CPR and First Aid certification given by MSC and negative result of TB test.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco’s MSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Resume and cover letter to be delivered to Lois Dutton:
Email: email@example.com or fax: 415-977-1271