St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Multi-Service Center – No. California’s largest homeless shelter
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 40 hours per week, some evenings/weekends
LOCATION: 525 – 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
SUPERVISOR: Lessy Benedith, Program Director
SALARY/BENEFITS: DOE, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision
This position supervises the Maintenance staff that are responsible for the cleanliness of the shelter. The shelter may house up to 400 guests a night. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the maintenance budget and ordering supplies. This position also oversees the volunteers from the General Assistance program.
- Coaches, supervises and trains maintenance staff .
- OSHA compliance with regard to employee safety and MSDS sheets.
- Ensures coverage of three shifts per day in a 24 hour, 7 day rotation.
- Documents performance issues and is familiar with union contract schedule C.
- Handles employee performance evaluations using ADP.
- Adheres to and provides input into annual budget for the department. Monitors expenses and provides cost estimates as needed.
- Use of ADP for time off requests and reviewing and/or correcting timecards.
- Maintains cleanliness of the shelter utilizing proper staffing and support as needed.
- Orders all cleaning supplies and janitorial products as necessary to stock the shelter.
- Handles the General Assistance (GA) coordination by supervising the volunteers from the program and arranging the work schedules with the GA Organizer.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and training.
- Trains employees in proper cleaning.
- Assists with cleaning as needed.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
- GED or high school diploma with two years of experience in maintenance.
- Oral fluency in English and Spanish.
- Minimum one year of experience in supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of OSHA requirements with regard to maintenance.
- Comfort working around a diverse community including LGBTQQ, mental illness and varying ethnicities.
- Demonstrated commitment to open, direct, and non-violent communication.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Basic reporting skills including data entry, Excel and Word processing.
- Strong initiative and ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco, Multi-Service Center, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified candidates with arrest and/or conviction records.
Send in a cover letter describing your interest and a resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 415-977-1271