St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco Job Description
JOB TITLE: Graveyard Shift Supervisor LOCATION: 525- 5TH Street, SF
PROGRAM: Multi-Service Center South
SALARY/BENEFITS: DOE, Kaiser paid for employee, voluntary dental, vision and 403b retirement
CLASSIFICATION: Full- Time, 40 hours per week,
Exempt position (non-union) NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES POSITION SUPERVISES: Approx. 11-14
SUPERVISOR: Site Manager
Under the supervision of the Site Manager, the Swing Shift Supervisor manages the graveyard operation of Multi-Service Center South, which provides a full range of support services to homeless men and women. The Graveyard Shift Supervisor is responsible for support of and adherence to the mission of the St. Vincent de Paul Society (SVDP) and the Multi-Service Center South. This position provides direct supervision to Program staff, overseeing activities in the shelter ensuring the safety of residents and staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervision of staff including coaching, corrective action, evaluating, staff development and training.
• Ensure quality provision of all direct services. Maintain focus on client needs, client satisfaction and results driven approach.
• Document and communicate on a daily basis all facets of the graveyard operation to the Site Manager and Program Director, including the implementation of the Standards of Care legislation and Shelter Grievance Policy.
• Develop and maintain weekly work schedules, post assignments and responsibilities for graveyard and swing staff.
• Review, correct and approve all Program Aide timesheets on a bi-weekly basis using ADP.
• Review and process holiday and vacation request forms.
• Maintain property and supply rooms by keeping organized and clean at all times.
• Attend weekly meetings with Site Manager and Program Director.
• Attend all meetings and trainings as assigned.
• Oversee the implementation of all Multi-Service Center South’s policies and procedures.
• Provide guidance, leadership and consultation to staff.
• Supervise, assist and help motivate staff in all areas of shelter work.
• Comply with all Human Services Contractual requirements and maintain accurate records for quality assurance and reporting.
• Be accessible for emergencies, provide back-up and work weekend shifts as needed. Requires some daytime and weekend work/meetings.
• Oversee maintenance and cleaning of shelter.
• Monitor the injury and illness prevention program and OSHA requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Four-year degree preferred in social services or related field. Equivalent experience and education in lieu of degree will be accepted.
• Three years of experience in contract administration with a non-profit organization.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Average ability to read, write and speak using English.
• Above average ability to maintain accurate records.
• Strong ability to lead and motivate staff.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience working with homeless individuals and/or disadvantaged people. Experience working with people who are mentally ill or substance abuse preferred.
• Demonstrated use of Vincentian values such as respect, integrity, dignity, collaboration, justice, compassionate service, client advocacy, resourcefulness and excellence.
• Sensitivity to the needs of diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, gender/transgender populations.
• Ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
• Ability to maintain professionalism while working for SVDP and keep professional boundaries with staff, volunteers and clients.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
• Bilingual: English and Spanish preferred.
St. Vincent de Paul Society is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Lois Dutton, HR Director by email: email@example.com or fax to 415-977-1271