St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco Job Posting
MSC – No. California’s Largest Homeless Shelter
JOB TITLE: Assistant Program Director
LOCATION: 525- 5TH Street, San Francisco, CA
PROGRAM: Homeless Services, Multi-Service Center South
SALARY/BENEFITS: DOE/Kaiser fully paid, voluntary dental/vision/life, 403b retirement
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Exempt, non-union
SUPERVISOR: Program Director
# EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: 7-9
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Assistant Program Director is responsible for the overall shelter operation and supportive services of Multi-Service Center South, consistent with St. Vincent de Paul philosophy, goals and objectives. Multi-Service Center South provides a full range of support services, awareness, education, and outreach to homeless men and women utilizing a harm reduction model. This position provides direct supervision to Shift Supervisors and Supportive Services Supervisor.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervision of shelter shift supervisors and supportive services supervisor, including provision of guidance, leadership, and consultation to staff
- Ensure quality provision of all direct services. Maintain focus on client needs, client satisfaction and results driven approach.
- Oversee the implementation of all MSC’s policies and procedures with input from the Shelter Director.
- Key role in developing and enhancing new programmatic policies and procedures in coordination with the Program Director, Director of Program Operations and other key staff.
- Regularly participate in strategic planning meetings and discussions with the Program Director, Director of Program Operations and other key staff.
- Work with Case Managers regarding difficult clients. Support the Supportive Services Supervisor in addressing challenging cases.
- Attend shelter grievance hearings as the representative for St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
- Process timely monthly shelter grievance statistical reports.
- Oversee that data entry needs are fulfilled, on a regular basis, by staff.
- Key role in assisting the Program Director with compilation of program reports from the ONE system, Changes database and St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco’s internal database software.
- Ensure case management staff maintain accurate client files and thoroughly document services provided, interactions and progress with clients. Ensure legal compliance, with regard to confidentiality of client records and information, is followed.
- Review staff training needs and orient new staff in coordination with the Program Director, Director of Program Operations and HR Director.
- Facilitate weekly orientation for shelter clients as well as attend and facilitate monthly community meetings. Report outcomes in writing of such meetings to the Program Director and other leadership staff.
- Respond to guest complaints and suggestions. This includes responding in writing to all shelter monitoring committee complaints and in-house guest’s complaints.
- Develop and maintain work schedules, post assignments and responsibilities for all staff.
- Review and process accurate completion of staff timesheets in ADP on a bi-weekly basis.
- Review and process holiday and vacations request forms using ADP.
- Attend weekly supervisor meeting with Program Director. Assist with facilitating weekly leadership staff meetings.
- Comply with all Human Services Agency (HSA) contractual requirements and reporting for St. Vincent de Paul Society
- Monitor supportive services client records for quality assurance
- Monitor on-site provision of supportive services with community agencies, including but not limited to, SFSTART, UCSF, Tom Waddell and Legal Clinic
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Requires Master’s degree in Social Services or related field.
- Two years practical experience in the Social Service field.
- Three years of experience in social work and fiscal contract administration with a non-profit organization.
- Experience working with homeless and/or disadvantaged people is required. Additional experience working with people who are mentally ill or substance abuse is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Homelessness and Supportive Housing (HSH) contract management.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent ability to read, write and speak using English.
- Demonstrated use of Vincentian values such as respect, integrity, dignity, collaboration, justice, compassionate service, client advocacy, resourcefulness and excellence.
- Sensitivity to the needs of diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, gender/transgender populations.
- Ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to behave professionally and maintain professional rapport and boundaries with staff, volunteers and clients.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
- Bilingual: Spanish strongly preferred.
St. Vincent de Paul Society is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction.
To apply: Send a cover letter describing your interest and a resume to:
Lois Dutton, HR Director by email: email@example.com or fax: 415-977-1271