St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
RILEY CENTER | Services for Survivors of Domestic Violence
JOB TITLE: Assistant Residential Program Manager
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, evenings and weekends as needed
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Non-exempt
LOCATION: Confidential shelter site
SUPERVISOR: Residential Program Manager
SALARY/BENEFITS: $25 per hour, benefits/medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental, vision and life
The Assistant Residential Program Manager’s (ARPM) primary responsibilities are to provide assistance to the Residential Program Manager through administrative, supervisory and programmatic support. This position will supervise direct services staff and make programmatic decisions when the Residential Program Manager and/or Program Director are unavailable.
• Assist with supervision of all residential direct service staff.
• Assist with delivery of all program services including workshops, support groups, case management, client events, and other shelter client related activities.
• Provide support and office coverage with direct client services as needed on site, including one weekend day a week.
• Responsible for oversight and compiling statistical reporting including but not limited to monthly program reports to the Program Director, client records, crisis line forms, individual case files, and daily log and service statistics.
• Handle payroll and coordinate with Residential Program Manager, Program Director and/or Human Resources Director in responding to HR issues.
• Coordinate the monthly office order for shelter.
• Facilitate meetings and staff trainings.
• Assist with 40 Hour Domestic Violence Training.
• Manage the staff of emergency shelter and overnight staff members.
• Participate in regular staff meetings: Case Management, Team Management, Community Time and In-Service Meetings. Participation in trainings is required.
• Responsible for facility upkeep and maintenance management.
• Participate in rotation of back-up emergency cell phone on a 24/7 basis.
• Perform other duties as assigned and participate in on-going cross training to perform duties in other departments of the agency as needed.
• BA degree in social services, psychology or other related field. Equivalent work experience acceptable in lieu of degree.
• 3 years prior experience in supervision/management, with strong leadership and supervision skills.
• Strong organizational, communication and administrative skills.
• Experience with domestic violence issues/dynamics (personal, educational, &/or professional), especially in context to race, class, gender and sexual identity.
• Ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
• Ability to develop goals, plan, organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to think critically and resolve problems.
• Strong social perception skills using active listening to work on understanding other people.
• Must display a positive attitude and be encouraging with clients and staff.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written English communication skills.
• Intermediate data entry, Excel and Word processing skills.
• Ability to maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with volunteers, clients and staff.
• Knowledge, experience, and comfort working with a diverse community, including LGBTQQ, youth, immigrant, low income communities, and communities of color.
• Professional demeanor and appearance.
• Ability to move seamlessly between being a team player and working independently while being flexible in a quickly changing environment.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
ST. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction.
To apply send a cover letter describing your interest and a resume to Lois Dutton:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 415-977-1271