Assistant Shift Supervisor – Division Circle
JOB TITLE: Asst. Shift Supervisor
PROGRAM: Division Circle Navigation Center, 224 So. Van Ness Avenue
SALARY/BENEFITS: $22/hr. Kaiser HMO paid for employee, voluntary dental, vision, life insurance and 403b retirement plan
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, non-union, non-exempt
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: Approx. 8-10
SUPERVISOR: Site Director
Division Circle provides a full range of support services to homeless men and women. Under the supervision of the Site Director, the Asst. Shift Supervisor assists with supervising, coaching and disciplining employees and ensures client satisfaction. The Asst. Shift Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the safety of staff and clients by monitoring activities within the Navigation Center and ensuring the Navigation Center is run according to Navigation Center procedures and contract rules. This position provides direct supervision to Program staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervision of staff, including coaching and discipline. Lead, assist and motivate staff, as necessary.
- Assists supervisor in the disciplinary process with staff.
- Ensure quality provision of all direct services. Maintain focus on client needs, client satisfaction and results driven approach.
- Document and communicate on a daily basis all facets of the Navigation Center operation to the Site Director and Director of Programs, including the implementation of Standards of Care legislation and Navigation Center grievance policy.
- Develop and maintain weekly work schedules, post assignments and responsibilities for staff.
- Review staff timecards for days when supervising. Ensure changes needed are documented by the employee and given to the regular Shift Supervisor.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Site Director and/or Director of Programs.
- Attend all meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Maintain property and supply rooms by keeping organized and clean at all times.
- Ensure that NAVIGATION CENTER policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Comply with all Human Services Contractual requirements and maintain accurate records for quality assurance and reporting.
- Be accessible for emergencies, provide back-up and work weekend shifts as needed. Requires some daytime and weekend work/meetings.
- Oversee maintenance and cleaning of Division Navigation Center.
- Monitor the injury and illness prevention program and OSHA requirements including use of PPE.
- Perform other duties assigned
- Four-year degree in related field or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Three years of experience in direct services for homeless individuals or similar work in contract administration with a non-profit organization.
- Experience working with homeless individuals and/or disadvantaged people. Experience in working with people who are mentally ill or substance abuse preferred.
- Ability to develop goals, plan, organize and prioritize work and maintain accurate records.
- Strong spoken, reading and written English communication skills.
- Critical thinking and ability to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated use of Vincentian values such as respect, integrity, dignity, collaboration, justice, stewardship, compassionate service, client advocacy, resourcefulness.
- Sensitivity to the needs of diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, gender/transgender populations.
- Ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with staff, volunteers and clients.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish preferred
Covid-19 vaccination and booster required.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco, Multi-Service Center, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records.