St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Division Navigation Center
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Worker
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, 5 days per week
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time, union
SUPERVISOR: Shift Supervisor
SALARY/BENEFITS: $16.50 per hour and $10 per hour essential pay, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision, 403b retirement plan.
Under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor, the Maintenance Worker is responsible for both general and specific cleaning duties throughout the Navigation Center which is temporarily a Covid-19 care center for clients with the virus.
· Clean the interior areas, restrooms and yards of the Navigation Center following CDC guidelines for disinfecting areas.
· Perform daily, weekly, and monthly duties as assigned by the Shift Supervisor.
· Clean the outside perimeter of the Navigation Center daily, including sweeping, watering plants and cleaning the garbage bin area, and surrounding neighborhood as needed.
· Report any maintenance concerns that need to be addressed to the Shift Supervisor.
· Adhere to rules for Coronavirus (Covid-19) safety precautions including maintaining six foot distance, 20 second hand washing and wearing masks when not cleaning or around Covid-19 clients.
· Ensure dog run area is kept clean.
· Participate in regular staff meetings and training.
· Participate in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program, including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, i.e. gloves, footwear, eye, face and respirator protection and protective clothing
· Attend Personal Protective Equipment training and follow all guidelines.
· Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
· Possess a High School Diploma or GED.
· One year of cleaning experience.
· Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
· Understanding of OSHA requirements with regard to maintenance.
· Ability to wear a respirator while cleaning.
· Comfort working around a diverse community including LGBTQQ, mental illness and varying racial ethnicities.
· Demonstrated commitment to open, direct, and non-violent communication.
· Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
· Strong initiative and ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
· Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
· Bilingual Spanish, desired.
· Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants, with arrest and conviction.
To apply send a cover letter describing your interest and a resume to email@example.com