Residential Program Assistant
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
RILEY CENTER | Services for Survivors of Domestic Violence
JOB TITLE: Residential Program Assistant
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, (Tuesday – Friday and one weekend day)
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Non-exempt
LOCATION: Confidential shelter site
SUPERVISOR: Residential Program Manager
SALARY/BENEFITS: $24 per hour, Kaiser paid in full for employee, voluntary dental, vision, and life insurance, 403b retirement plan.
The Program Assistant (PA) assists in a number of program functions that support the Case Management team and Leaders by providing administrative support to Clients, Leaders and Case Managers.
- Assist with the administrative needs of clients, program leaders and case managers.
- Ensure monthly program fess goes to finance.
- Assist with scheduling of all program services including workshops, support groups, case management, client events, and other shelter client related activities.
- Provide support and office coverage with direct administrative client services as needed on site.
- Assist with onboarding new hires and payroll timecard corrections. Assist with invoices when necessary
- Run general shelter errands.
- Work directly with Management Assistant for any shelter needs, as needed.
- Responsible for cleaning rooms and other light cleaning as clients are moving in and moving out of program.
- Will need to transport clients occasionally when directed by the Residential Program Manager.
- Responsible for doing routine shelter grocery shopping.
- Provide administrative support to the Riley Center management team.
- Maintain office supplies, organize supplies and keep inventory of supplies.
- Oversight and compiling statistical reporting including but not limited to monthly program reports to the Program Director, client records, crisis line forms, individual case files, and daily log and service statistics.
- Coordinate the monthly office order necessary for shelter (for staff and clients).
- Facilitate meetings and staff trainings, as needed.
- Assist Volunteer Outreach & Coordinator with 40 Hour Domestic Violence Training by preparing documents, scheduling and other administrative duties, as needed.
- Participate in regular staff meetings: Case Management, Team Management, Community Time and In-Service Meetings. Residential Program House Meetings and other meetings as needed or requested. Participation in trainings is required.
- Responsible for overseeing facility upkeep and maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned and participate in on-going cross training to perform duties in other departments of the agency as needed.
- Accredited degrees (AA/BA) in administration, social services, or related field. Equivalent work experience acceptable in lieu of degree.
- 40-hour DV certification is required. Certification can be obtained after hire (within 3 months of hire date).
- Knowledge, experience, and comfort working with a diverse community, including LGBTQQ, youth, immigrant, low-income communities, and communities of color.
- Ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
- Strong organizational, communication and administrative skills.
- Ability to develop goals, plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to think critically and resolve problems.
- Strong social perception skills using active listening to work on understanding other people.
- Must display a positive attitude and be encouraging with clients and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written English communication skills.
- Must have proficient skill levels at using MS Office suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with volunteers, clients and staff.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to move seamlessly between being a team player and working independently while being flexible in a quickly changing environment.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction.
To apply send a cover letter and resume by using this link: