Your volunteer team can help those transitioning out of homelessness and into a residence of their own with a gift of everyday basics for the home. Through the efforts of St. Vincent de Paul’s housing programs, many of our guests are able to secure permanent housing. However, the residences that they are moving into often lack essentials such as plates or utensils. With your in-kind donation or monetary support, these individuals will be able to make a smooth transition into permanent housing.
In-kind gifts –sets should include:
- a twin comforter and sheet set, standard pillow, warm blanket
- microwavable dinnerware for one (plate, bowl, cup, knife, fork, spoon),
- 3-4 packages of dry or canned foods and trash bags,
- laundry soap and dish soap.
- Bath towel-set (face cloth, hand towel, bath towel)
- Each set must be identical in the assortment of items included; color of items can vary.
Budget for gift sets range from $130-$160 per set, with a suggested qty of 30 sets or more. See Amazon wish-list for inspiration, or buy directly. Plus any additional gift that you feel is appropriate and helpful for the newly housed.
Suggested one-time donation of $3200 helps 20 guests per month transition into their new homes comfortably with your support. These donations will be given to guests upon their move-in dates. Help make their new house a home!