St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
Quinn Navigation Center
JOB TITLE: Laundry Worker
SCHEDULE: Mon – Fri, 40 hours
LOCATION: Division Circle San Francisco, CA
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Full-time, union
SUPERVISOR: Maintenance Supervisor
SALARY/BENEFITS: $15 per hour, benefits full medical (Kaiser), voluntary dental/vision
The Laundry Worker ensures the cleanliness of the sheets, blankets, towels and client clothing under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor. The Laundry Worker handles inventory control and reports any supply needs to the Lead Launderer.
• Collects sheets, blankets and towels from bed area.
• Responsible for washing and drying the guests clothing, including bedding.
• Distributes clean blankets, towels and sheets to bed areas and/or front desk.
• Follow all applicable OSHA safety requirements.
• Maintain laundry washing equipment and surrounding area.
• Maintain inventory of laundry washing supplies.
• Clean assigned areas such as the laundry bathrooms.
• Attend all staff meetings and trainings.
• Complete all verbal and written instructions and duties in a satisfactory manner.
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Experience working with maintenance and care of machinery.
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Ability to maintain the laundry equipment to meet the needs of the Navigation Center.
• Ability for gross and fine finger/hand coordination and manipulation.
• Average verbal and written English communication skills.
• Basic math skills.
• Ability to follow rules and supervisor’s instructions.
• Ability to maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with guests, volunteers and staff.
• Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco’s MSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records.
Resume and cover letter to be delivered to Lois Dutton, HR Director
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 415-977-1271